Who in the US has not heard of Amazon? When you hear about this company, what comes to mind? Well, for most American investors and consumers, Amazon is the first and last name in e-commerce. In fact, Amazon is by far the largest e-commerce company in the world by revenue. It’s even challenging Walmart to be the biggest company in the world by revenue and will likely soon pass the retail giant in that category.
With a presence in over 180 countries, Amazon is a global leader in retail, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and digital streaming. Amazon has also built one of the world’s largest cloud infrastructure services, which has become the primary profit engine for the company. Together, the e-commerce and cloud computing businesses create a massive set of competitive advantages for the company and should lead to continued outperformance for a stock that is up more than 100,000% since its 1997 IPO.
Landing a job at Amazon is a dream come true for many people. The company offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a dynamic work environment. However, getting a job at Amazon can be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you land a job at Amazon:
- Research the Company Before Applying - It's important to research the company thoroughly. This will give you an understanding of the company's culture, values, and mission. You should also research the specific job you're applying for and the qualifications required.
- Mission: Being the Earth’s most customer-centric company, best employer and safest place to work.
- Core Values and Principles - you can find many of these on their website, but here are a few you could reference in a cover letter or interview: Customer Obsession, Ownership, Invent and Simplify, Learn and Be Curious, Hire and Develop the Best, Insist on the Highest Standards, Think Big, Bias for Action, etc.
- Tailor Your Resume and Cover Letter - Your resume and cover letter should be tailored to the job you're applying for. Use keywords from the job description and highlight your relevant experience and skills. Be sure to emphasize any previous experience working in a fast-paced environment or with a large company. To help you tailor a professional resume and cover letter, click here to get started.
- Apply for the Right Role - Amazon has a variety of job openings, so make sure you apply for the right role. If you're not sure which job is right for you, take a look at Amazon's job categories to find a role that matches your skills and experience.
- Example Job Opportunities:
- Customer Service Associate
- Grocery Warehouse Associate
- Amazon Flex Delivery Partner
- For more open job hirings, click on this link.
- Prepare for the Interview - If you're selected for an interview, it's important to prepare thoroughly. Research common interview questions and practice your answers. Be prepared to give examples of your previous experience and how it relates to the role you're applying for. Here is a blog to guide you on how to prepare for a job interview.
- Show Your Passion – The company is looking for people who are passionate about the company and its mission. During the interview, be sure to show your enthusiasm for the company and its products. Talk about how you can contribute to the company's growth and success.
- Be Persistent - Getting a job at Amazon can be a competitive process, so it's important to be persistent. If you're not selected for a role, don't give up. Keep applying for other roles and continue to improve your skills and experience.
Landing a job at Amazon can be a challenging process, but with the right approach, it's possible. Research the company, tailor your resume and cover letter, apply for the right role, prepare for the interview, show your passion for Amazon, and be persistent. With these tips, you'll be one step closer to landing your dream job at Amazon.